Wednesday, July 23, 2014

This is all I have to give... Really!?


I have recently "refound" Jesus. Yes that is right, I have not been an avid church going, Jesus loving, Christian woman that I am now, forever. I grew up knowing God, he was right there with me during the good times and the bad times growing up. I had cancer when I was younger, YIKES. But guess what? He was there, right beside me every step of the way. I have been cancer free for almost 19 years! YAY!
Though as I got to the college age, I decided to live a life with good values and morals, just not the Christian life I wish that I would have. Now that I am older, married, and have a family, I have re found my savior Jesus Christ. And I love it!

So now, on to the topic... This is all I have to give.
Due to me not growing up with the word of Jesus being always available, I have a lot to learn. I have a lot to learn about the Bible. So to do this I have joined a small group through church, I go to church every Sunday, and talk to God everyday. I do these things to express my love for Jesus and to worship the "one true King"
Well, just when I think that is all I have to give, I am trying to raise a young child, work full time, and contribute to my marriage, I take it one step further. I volunteer to be a crew leader at VBS. I am working everyday this week for 8 hours and then heading straight to Church for 3.5-4 hours to volunteer. And guess what, I LOVE IT! Yes I come home every night exhausted and worn out. But hey, I get to spend even more time learning and worshiping and teaching the gospel! WOO HOO!

So just when I think I have given it my all... He has different plans for me!

So just remember.. when you think you at wits ends... there might be something lurking around the corner.






P31 OBS Blog Hop

5 comments:

  1. I just loved the scripture you shared as it happens to be my life-verse :-). Thank you so much for sharing and for being ooen and honest. Your post ministered to me today. I also am going through this study and it feels so good to have this community and know that we are all nit alone. God is such a great God! Thanks again for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for taking time to be a crew leader. People never understand how rewarding volunteering is. We did Weird Animals last week; I've been the VBS kitchen lady the past 3 years, and love it. I understand that 'catch up' phase of adult Bible learning when you didn't grow up with it. I enjoyed your post, keep giving your all!
    ~Daphne Fitzpatrick (Proverbs 31 Ministries OBS Team)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! Okay...strange question...I am new to all this blog stuff...how did you get the blog hop button on your post? I copied the link and posted it to mine, but it just stayed as the link...it didn't become the button and you can't click on it. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy, I had to go to the "HTML" and then post it at the very bottom. The "HTML" view is just a bunch of gibberish....Thats where it placed mine... Hope this helps!

      Delete
  4. Thank You Bryna - I needed your encouragement today! Your perspective is what I remember my perspective used to be...I need to refuel, and refill with God's Love. Thanks - keep blogging, look forward to hearing more of your adventures!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete